Press release for the opening of a local contemporary British restaurant. Written targeting the Lifestyle / Food & Drink section of Fulham Residents’ Journal.
The restaurant slots in the magazine are around 60-100 words with a glossy image dominating the piece. The copy focuses heavily on the food, rather than the venue/owners, etc. The potential prize is a 1-page restaurant review in the section.
SPEC PRESS RELEASE
May 9th, 2017
For immediate release
Contemporary British restaurant “Denton’s” opening in Parson’s Green
Contact: Jane Deen, 07850 123456
Denton’s, a new restaurant celebrating the best of contemporary British food, is set to open in the heart of Parson’s Green later this month. Owner John Deen and Head Chef Ed Smith have created a menu where seasonal ingredients are the stars, and weekly specials will showcase what’s available at market. The restaurant has a relaxed brasserie feel with elegant bar seating, cosy booths and a pretty, canopied garden terrace outside.
This spring you can expect creamy Jersey Royal potatoes, tender lamb and crisp and salty samphire. Later in the year, the menu will feature warming goose, grouse and venison dishes. The cheese board includes Sussex goat’s cheese, Hampshire mozzarella and even a cheese from Tottenham. Puddings are favourites-with-a-twist like rhubarb crumble and Kentish apple tarts. The wine list contains award-winners from across southern England, along with a large international selection.
Chef Ed Smith says: “Fulham has two wonderful and hugely popular farmers’ markets and I’m incredibly excited at the chance to serve food with that same super-fresh and local spirit to our diners.”
Visit: www.dentons.co.uk to view the new menu and book a table, or call 020 7123 4567.
— Ends —
Please see attached file for restaurant and food images. For high-resolution images or any other query, please contact Jane Deen, 07850 123456, firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to the editor
- Denton’s will open to the public on May 31st, 2017.
- Denton’s is a new, contemporary British restaurant at 177 New King’s Road, London SW6 4SW. The nearest tube station is Parsons Green.
- Denton’s serves lunch Tuesday – Friday, 12pm-3pm. Dinner is served six nights a week: Tuesday – Sunday, 6pm-11pm. On Saturday and Sunday brunch is also served, followed by lunch: 10.30am-3pm. Denton’s is closed on Mondays.
- Owner John Deen is a graduate of Leith’s school of cookery and has worked in both London and Italian restaurant kitchens for many years. Denton’s is John’s first solo venture.
- Head Chef Ed Smith has worked in kitchens throughout the UK for the last 15 years, including one Michelin Starred restaurant Kitchen W8.